Today is 8-12-10 and like the Sesame Street episodes is brought to you by the number 4. Here’s why:
- 8-1-2-1-0=4 (8-12-10)
- When today started, I had 4 more pages of ‘comparative contextual improvements’ aka fluff to write for my paper that is due on Monday. I just finished 4 minutes ago.
- When I got to the office, there was an envelope on my chair. It contained information that I was promised 4 days ago…useless now.
- Baby Purvis is expected in just over 4 weeks
- CDTA, the local transit agency, recently celebrated 4 decades of existence. It made me think that CDTA is a little more than 4 years older than me.
- I’ve been saying for 4 days this week that I was going to bicycle to work. I’m 0-4.
- I had to spend 4 minutes on hold with the cell phone company this afternoon and after speaking with technical support now need 4 advil
- I’ve responded to only 4 emails today when usually it’s over 100 this late in the afternoon
- It was recently revealed that Cookie Monster’s real name may be Sidney. I had to re-read it 4 times to make sure I wasn’t going crazy. From Sesame Street “Cookie Monster: Me wasn’t born with name “Cookie Monster”. It just nickname dat stuck. Me don’t remember me real name… maybe it was Sidney?”
- I haven’t watched Sesame Street since I was 4
I’m glad all days are not brought to us by a specific number. People would come to expect it and it would lose its relevance.